Couponing, Stockpiling and Saving Money can be overwhelming. Try and take everything in baby steps and do your best to start slowly, adding on each week.
For those of you that are new to couponing here are some basics to help get you started. As always, email me with ANY questions!
- Most Grocery Stores Double Coupons: Check with your local Grocery Store to see if they double and if so, how much.
- Stop Being Brand Specific – If you are out of Peanut Butter then you need to grab the Peanut Butter that is on sale or that you have a coupon for. Be willing to try something out of your comfort zone. You never know – you just might like it!
- Stack Store and Manufacturer Coupons – Some stores like Target and Walgreens encourage you to use both their store coupons and a manufacturer coupon together. Often times this will mean free or close to free products for you!
- Stockpile it: You may not think you need twenty of anything right now, and you don’t need it right now but you will! Free or close to free items in your pantry means not paying full price when you run out.
- What is a good meat price?: For our family, any meat $2.00/lb or under is a buy it price. Anything $1.50/lb or under is a stock up price!! This means, buy more than one package at that price so you have it later.
‘healthy’. However, most people have some sort of ‘junk’ in their cabinets. If you aren’t paying for the ‘junk’ because you used sales and coupons to get it for free or almost free, then you can use the money you would have spent on it to buy fresh, healthy food for your family.
- Start slow: Maybe this month you will try and cut $20 off your bill. Move up gradually from there. Even if you only save $1 by using one coupon that is $1 you didn’t spend – every little bit helps! Be proud of your diligence; you are providing for your family.
Common Coupon Lingo/Terms
PG – Procter and Gamble (insert)
RP – Red Plum (insert)
SS – Smart Source (insert)
WYB – When You Buy
BOGO – Buy One, Get One Free
OYNO – On Your Next Order
Blinkie – coupon found in a machine by the product
Peelie – coupon found on the product
Find Catalina Information here
Search for ANY coupon in the coupon database!
Here are some videos to help you get started
Here are some great links to printable coupons:
And here are some e-coupons to load to your shoppers card: